Become a certified Soccer Referee!
Have you thought about becoming a referee? Do you;
1) Want to challenge yourself to learn a new skill? 2) To be a part of an integral part of "the beautiful game" that depends on you and your abilities. 3) Want to earn great money, surrounded by beautiful scenery, and fresh air while enjoying a flexible schedule. 4) Want to take refereeing to higher levels? (Amateur, collegiate, professional)
Becoming a referee is one of the BEST part-time jobs EVER! Not many jobs pay you to keep fit while you;
Actively participate in the sport you love, and help raise and maintain the standard of the game. You'll have fun with a new network of friends and develop important lifelong interpersonal management and communications skills
- Course: BC Soccer Certified - Entry Level Clinic
- Format: Blended Online/In person
- Dates/Time: October 4, 6pm - ONLINE WEBINAR SESSION (2.5hrs)
- Dates/Time: October 22, 530pm - IN PERSON COMPONENT (Squamish (3.5hrs)).
- Students are required to complete 17 self-guided law based online modules AND and online exam.
- Students are required to complete the online training prior to atendng the in person component.
- Cost: $130 per person
- BC SOCCER WEBSITE INFORMATION HERE
- REGISTER HERE
Choose "Squamish YS” in the "search by club / district" section of the BC Soccer Website when asked.
Pre-requisites: NONE - open to both men and women 14 years of age and older.
SYSA Referee Incentive Program
The Howe Sound Soccer Leauge (HSSL) and the Squamish Youth Soccer Association (SYSA) recognizes the importance of both adult and junior referees in our community and are proud to offer ALL interested participants with the following (5 CR SYSA Youth Game) Incentive Program.
1. Full course re-imbursement
2. Referee Uniform
3. Whistle, sideline flags, waterproof notebook
4. Earn Referee Credits (RC's) redeemaable for $$$ at Soccer X
5. Yearly Post-Secondary Scholarship opportunitues and;
6. Perfomramce Incentives/awards
SYSA Referee Mentoring Program
The HSSL and SYSA understand the complexities in become a confident and effective referee. Because of this we are excited to begin rolling out a 5-step Referee Mentoring Program that will see Referees mentored as AR’s and CR’s in Youth, Women’s and Men Division’s before moving forward to referee games on their own. This is a student driven (tailored) process which we are certain will lead to increased success and retention.
Referees are an integral part to maintaining and providing the best soccer experience, keeping the game safe, fair and fun for all of us. Refereeing contributes to the well-being and growth of our soccer community and are in HIGH demand with continuous employment opportunities throughout the Sea-to-Sky Corridor ALL year long.
For more information, please contact Jose Oreamuno (Head SYSA Referee) at Joseoreamuno@hotmail.com